The Chub Loading Game Changer
Case packing of chub packs has always been a manual hand-load process. Automating this process due to the shape and size variance of the chub has always been seen as a challenge to food processors. Using the JLS Osprey® robotic case packer as a base, special modifications and tooling were added to develop the innovative Osprey CL automatic chub loader. The system features single or dual ABB IRB 360 FlexPicker robots, which are the most sanitary picking robots on the market today. The entire system comes in a small footprint, saving processors valuable floor space.
Automatic Chub Loader Handles Variety of Chub Packs
Types of products typically found in chub packs
- Ground Beef, Turkey, Chicken, Pork or Sausage
- Pet Foods
- Cookie Dough
- Liver Sausage, Sauerkraut, Chili, Polenta, Meatloaf
Chub Pack Characteristics
- Diameter between 2" and 4.5"
- Lengths between 4" and 24"
- Weights between 8oz and 10lbs
Speeds up to 125 chubs/min (single head) and 200 chubs/min (dual head) - depending on chub size, weight and packaging pattern.
Dual-head case packing of chubs
Dual-head chub loading system
Our Chub Loading Systems Feature ABB Robots
The CL, like traditional Ospreys, utilizes the full capabilities of the ABB robot(s) to remove complexities found in other pick & place, gantry and wrap-around case packers. Some of the features that make the CL a chub loading game changer include:
- Simple Product Handling - Use of special V-TRACK™ pick conveyor to eliminate rolling during picking - runs any size chub
- Simple End-of-Arm Tooling (EOAT) - Light weight, changes quickly without tools, cleans easily and features Vacuum On Board (VOB)® which facilitates high-speed vacuum generation without external pump or blower
- Simple Case Handling - Flight-free conveyor design allows continuous motion case transport without constant start/stop
- High Sanitary Design - Stainless steel round tube construction, continuous welds, NEMA 4X rating
- Modular System Design - Case packing, erecting and sealing are all decoupled allowing for maximum system flexibility
- Extremely Fast Changeovers - Simply change a recipe, adjust the case guide rails and change the end-of-arm tool
The CL handles chub packs ranging from 2" to 4.5" diameter, 4" to 24" in length and weights from 8oz up to 10lbs. Chub products handled include ground beef, turkey, chicken, pork or sausage, pet food, cookie dough, sauerkraut, chili, liver sausage, polenta, meatloaf and more.
Case metering system
Pinch belts for superior case control